This course is meant for existing LEED APs who want to get familiar with the BD+C v4 rating system and at the same time get Project Management Experience. And as an added bonus, this course will help you get 30 Education Credits. This course provides a technical review of the LEED v4 Building Design and Construction Rating system. It discusses the credit requirements and the steps needed to implement and document the different credits. In addition the course prepares you for your future role as a LEED Project Manager. You will learn how to manage a LEED BD+C v4 Project in collaboration with fellow students. This course provides you with the practical experience of managing a LEED Project as well as the theory of the BD+C v4 rating system. The combination of theory and practice is the ideal way to be prepared to manage LEED Projects in the future.
The course consists of 2 parts:
1. BD+C V4 Technical Review
A series of 55 videos explaining the technical requirements of each of the credits in the BD+C V4 rating system.
For each of the prerequisites and credits, the videos discuss the following:
- Step by Step Guidance
- Related Credits
2. BD+C V4 Project Experience
6 modules explaining step by step how to manage a LEED BD+C V4 project.
Module 1: Kick Off
- Presentation of the project
- The LEED Work Plan part 1
- Application of the Location and Transportation Credits
- Group Task: Site Analysis
- Individual Task: Establish Project Scorecard
- Establish Owner Project Requirements
Module 2: Exploration Phase
- The LEED work plan part 2
- Group Tasks
- Water Balance Study
- Shoebox Modeling
- Application of the Integrative Design Credit
- Application of the Sustainable Sites Credits
Module 3: Early Design Phase
- The LEED work plan part 3
- Performance Based Design Tools
- Application of Innovation Credits and Pilot Credits
- Application of the Energy and Atmosphere Credits
- Application of the Water Efficiency Credits
- Energy Star
Module 4: Design Development Phase
- The LEED work plan part 4
- Application of the Material Credits
- Group Task: Credit Documentation and Calculations
- Basis of Design Development
- LEED Project Management Tools
- LEED Online
Module 5: Final Design Phase
- Application of Indoor Environmental Quality Credits
- QA of the Documentation Process
- The LEED Submittal Process
Module 6: Construction Phase
- The implementation of LEED credits on the construction site
- Project Management Tools for Construction
- Best Management Practices during construction
- 6 online sessions
- 75 videos + PDF with video content
- Required self-study time estimated at 10 hours per week.
- 3 Group Assignments with fellow LEED APs using video conferencing tools
- 24/7 coaching through our innovative learning platform
- Many useful additional resources
- Gain actual experience in a LEED registered project.
- Understand how to manage a LEED Certification project as a LEED Project Manager
- Be actively involved in a LEED registered project under the BD+C V4 rating sytem
- Get exposure to cutting edge technological tools add value to the LEED certification process.
- Understand the technical requirements of the LEED Green Building Rating System for Building Design Construction v4.
- Describe the steps required to implement the Prerequisites and credits of the LEED BD+C v4 rating system.
- Understand what the documentation requirements are of the different prerequisites and credits
- Participate in a LEED BD+C project and understand what is needed to comply with his/her credit responsibility
Green Associates or LEED APs that want to get prepared to be actively involved in projects that pursue the LEED BD+C V4 rating system.